Agilis Chemicals Inc is a B2B commerce platform for the chemical industry. We offer an enterprise-grade commerce platform as a service to Fortune 500 large global producers and distributors of chemicals. Agilis platform aggregates demand, hosts transactions, and provides advanced data analytics. We help consolidate the industry’s fragmented supply chain, drive sales growth, and bring efficiencies to an antiquated procurement, sales, and marketing process. Agilis provides chemical producers with the tools and analytics they need to manage and optimize this highly-complex value chain. Find out more about us at: https://agilischemicals.com.
Agilis is looking for talented and creative technologists and leaders who want to be part of a team that is transforming a large traditional, mainstay industry. By leveraging the founders' extensive experience in the chemical industry, we are building a software solution for a $5 trillion industry that currently relies heavily on manual processes and outdated technology. We have a flat organization structure, an agile development process, continuous delivery, and a firm commitment to building software solutions that our customers would love to use to streamline daily operations and drive business growth.
- Motivated: We are building big things, and it takes work to do that. We work hard towards our mission and come to work every day with a drive and passion for what we do.
- Integrity: We walk the talk. We deliver on our promises.
- Customer focus: We build products that our customers love to use.
- Owner's mentality: We own Agilis together and together make decisions that are good for the entire team.
- Creative: We are building a product for enterprise clients, and to do so, we need people who are creative and can think outside the box. We don't want the cookie-cutter resume; we want you to be yourself and help us grow!
- Authentic: We want to build a diverse team of individuals with different experiences. No matter your background, if you have the passion and drive to help people with everyday problems, let us know and show us what you can do.
We are transforming a four trillion dollar industry and that comes with a host of exciting challenges. From iteratively refining our e-commerce platform, to integrating with RESTful APIs; our focus is on consistently delivering high-quality and user-centric product features.
You embrace the entrepreneurial culture and take ownership of your projects. You have a strong desire to learn and take pride in the quality of the code you write.
We are looking for the following traits in our candidates:
- Passionate: Working for a startup is not easy. You can’t do it if you are not passionate about the company’s product, people, and mission.
- Creative: We work at the intersection of technology and commerce and need people who can look at existing problems from new angles to find better ways of doing things.
- Entrepreneurial: We are building things that are challenging the status quo and are looking for people who aren’t afraid to take risks.
- Focused: Taking risks and coming up with new ideas doesn’t mean that you lose focus on the big picture.
- Team Player: We work in an environment where everyone is willing to jump in to do what’s needed to help the company achieve its goals.
- Active listener: We look for the ability to listen to the customer and translate feedback into actionable decisions.
- Responsible: We get things done, no matter the obstacles.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and resolve complex problems with little guidance.
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3, and responsive web design.
- Understanding of how to develop for cross-browser compatibility.
- Proficiency working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing automated tests.
Nice to have:
- Experience with React Hooks.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience working with design systems and reusable component frameworks such as Storybook.
- Experience with enterprise applications.
- Experience working on distributed/remote teams, small teams, or early-stage startups.
- Knowledge of best practices for security.
- Experienced with shell scripting and process automation.
- Competitive compensation, with excellent growth opportunities.
- Opportunity to learn continuously and evolve your skills with guidance from business and technology veterans.
- Flexible working hours.
- Working with our excellent team with decades of experience.
- Working with a truly global team spread across four continents.